taksim square / istiklal street / galata tower
Taksim Square is the center of Istanbul.
Every year, millions of tourists from around the world visit Taksim Square and Istıklal Street. For this reason, hotels are mostly located in this area. On this page you can find all information about “how to go to Taksim from Istanbul Airport”.
by HAVAIST Buses
(Istanbul Airport Shuttle Bus)
HAVAIST buses are luxury buses that carry passengers between the Istanbul Airport (IST) and Taksim Square.
HAVAIST buses are served 24 hours a day -every 15 minutes-. Takes you from the airport to Taksim Square (city center) directly.
It takes about 45 min for HAVAIST buses to get from the Istanbul Airport to Taksim Square.
HAVAIST buses fee is 30 liras (about 4 dollars). You can pay with cash or credit card.
At the end of your Istanbul trip, you can also come to the Istanbul Airport by HAVAIST buses from Taksim Square.
How to get from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Taksim by Metro:
• At first you will go to Gayrettepe Station from Istanbul Airport (IST).
• After you will be transferring to M2: Taksim Metro line at Gayrettepe Station.
• Take the metro to Taksim/Yenikapı direction and get off when you get to the Taksim Station.
• That’s all. (It takes about 1 hour.)
!!!!!!!!! Istanbul Airport (IST) Metro Line is currently in construction. It is expected to open very soon. (in the end of 2021) !!!!!!!!!
You can also go by taxi from Istanbul Airport to Taksim Square (city center).
Taxis are waiting for you at the exit of the terminal.
There are 3 different color taxi services at Istanbul Airport. These are yellow, turquoise and black taxis.
• Yellow taxis are the cheapest taxis in the tariff.
• Turquoise taxis (VW Passat) are 15% more expensive than yellow taxis.
• Black taxis (Mercedes) have 2 times the expensive tariff of yellow taxis.
Taxis can carry up to 4 passengers.
The Taxi fare is determined by the distance travelled and the same fee is paid for how many people ride in the vehicle.
Taxi fare (for yellow taxis) from Istanbul Airport (IST) to Taksim Square costs about 150 liras. (about 20 dollars)
You can pay with cash or credit card in taxi.